Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Red Beach, Santorini



Canon 7D, 10-22mm Lens
Red beach in the Akrotiri area on Santorini. Stunningly beautiful and well known for the unique colour of the sand and the hill behind it. Soaring red lava cliffs which drop right to the sandy shore and into the clear blue sea, makes for a majestic setting. The beach can be reached either by boat (there are several connecting Red Beach with Perissa and Akrotiri or by foot. This is as close as I got because of my injured foot.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

How amazing. I never knew this place existed. The colours are something else.

Robyn said...

It is amazing The colours were incredible - so contrasting. Unfortuatnely my foot meant I couldn't walk around to the beach, and I was so disappointed. IN the end it was just as well because if we had, we would have missed the amazing sunset in Oia that night.